I’m not your typical marketing guy. In fact, many think of me as more of an action-oriented sales guy.
Aren’t we all in sales? If you don’t think you are too, it might be time to think again.
Professional Road Traveled:
DEUTZ Corporation, Norcross, Georgia · 2014 to Present
Developed, managed and implemented marketing plans and budgets for engines, spare parts and locally produced products in the North American and Latin America regions. Evaluated and appointed current and new outside vendors. Managed and provided oversight for trade show activities. Prepared and executed media advertising plan. Managed press relations, authored press releases, and partnered with trade publications for editorial coverage.
* Conceptualized and provided oversight of entire marketing plan for rollout of DEUTZ Power Centers into North American market.
* Produced several videos, including those created to support testimonial ad campaigns.
FlexMarketing Solutions, Dacula, Georgia · 2009 to Present
- Currently taking occasional projects, as well as the creation and oversight of Project Uncharted.
Created FlexMarketing Solutions, a reliable marketing service provider that uncovers opportunities and delivers solutions. Heavy emphasis placed on defining a solid overall strategy, followed by a strong tactical approach.
* Delivered targeted marketing solutions to a variety of organizations, including large corporations, small businesses and non-profits, utilizing diverse and innovative marketing techniques. The services provided varied, based on client needs and included sales force recruiting and vetting, marketing plan creation, strategic public relations initiatives, website design and maintenance, copywriting and a whole host of additional marketing services.
Stafford Development, Tifton / Lawrenceville, Georgia · 2006 to 2009
Vice President of Marketing, Stafford Equipment Division
Spearheaded the marketing initiatives for a heavy construction equipment distributor, including budget management, team building and mentoring, marketing strategy development and executive leadership. Directed the development and execution of marketing programs for a wide variety of product lines to several specific market segments. Scrutinized processes and implemented cost-cutting enhancements to maximize resources, while maintaining quality. Utilized traditional marketing tools, including print advertising, direct mail pieces, television & radio advertising and reusable trade show elements. Integrated cutting-edge marketing tools and techniques, including Internet tools, social media marketing and email marketing.
* Led the rebranding and launch of a newly introduced Stafford brand, including website development, press releases, public relations stories, production of company specific brochures and trade show participation.
* Brokered strategic partnerships with several construction and agricultural equipment manufacturers to create mutually beneficial marketing tools and non-traditional lead generation efforts.
* Conceptualized and launched an internal Sales Excellence Council, designed to accelerate the selling process by sharing best practices and defining sales process closure criteria.
* Partnered with three other Stafford Development Company divisions to create mutually beneficial opportunities for promotional exposure and revenue growth.
* Directed all marketing activities pertaining to the addition of five new locations via startup or acquisition.
Doosan Infracore America Corporation, Suwanee, Georgia · 1998 to 2006
Marketing Manager, Heavy Construction Equipment Div, (2001 to 2006)
Directed revenue-generating marketing campaigns while managing the entire marketing department, effectively enhancing corporate image with a budget exceeding $1 million. Provided full oversight for trade shows, sales training, demo programs and special VIP trips overseas. Coordinated public relations pieces, press releases and advertising efforts with creative agencies and publications.
* Created compelling marketing programs for new product launches, special announcements, pricing programs and retail incentive programs.
* Served as company’s official Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) national representative. Held seat in inaugural Statistics Steering Committee while CIMA and EMI went through a major consolidation process.
Market Analyst, Heavy Construction Equipment Division (1998 to 2001)
Collaborated with marketing team to analyze market trends in the construction equipment industry to create effective marketing strategies. Identified niche market opportunities though comprehensive research and analysis of the industry.
Plexus Marketing Group, Atlanta, Georgia · 1994 to 1998
Project Manager, Special Projects
Coordinated critical marketing projects for Fortune 500 clients, including staffing, training, ROI reporting and client consultation. Executed market research projects for various clients. Played a primary role in deliverables process including questionnaire design, cost monitoring and report of findings.